Executive Assistant Contract Position
Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago and Asian American Midwest Progressives are searching for an Executive Assistant. This is an hourly contractor position of approximately 10-15 hours per week. We are looking for an individual who is highly organized, communicative, and detail-oriented. This position will be required to show discretion and handle confidential information in an appropriate manner. All candidates must be committed to our mission of building power through collective advocacy and organizing to achieve racial equity.
- Manage and maintain the Executive Director’s schedule and respond to routine correspondence
- Review and prioritize incoming correspondence for the Executive Director, including responding on behalf of the Executive Director when appropriate
- Collect, organize, and submit Executive Director’s expenses on a monthly basis
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed
- Coordinate scheduling of Board of Directors’ Committee and Board meetings
- Assist in preparing and coordinating Board meetings and save Board Google Drive materials onto the server on a monthly basis
- Complete time sheets for cost-sharing agreement between Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago and Asian American Midwest Progressives on a monthly basis and hold staff accountable to completing time sheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently, communicate directly, and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy and efficiency;
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and extremely organized;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Extremely tech savvy, with full proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive, and Zoom;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Previous administrative support experience and/or 2-3 years of work experience;
- Familiarity or prior experience working in coalitions or managing external partnerships.
- The hourly rate is $20.00 – $24.00 per hour based on experience for approximately 10 – 15 hours per week.
Applications should be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Cover letter describing interest in the position, qualifications, and expectations
- Two professional references
Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of any email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The ideal start date for this position is December 1, 2021 or sooner. Applications received by November 14, 2021 will be prioritized.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.