PAVE Census Coordinator (Independent Contractor)
The Pan-Asian Voter Empowerment (PAVE) Coalition is a coalition of 13 Asian American serving organizations throughout the Chicagoland area. PAVE is the largest pan-Asian coalition in Illinois and drives significant issue advocacy and civic engagement work in our state. The PAVE Census Coordinator will strategize and coordinate the PAVE Coalition’s field plan for Census 2020.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Census Coordinator”.
Job Type: Full time contract. Contract Length: Starts immediately through the End of May 2020.
Salary/Benefits: $23-25 hourly rate commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Supervision: PAVE Census Coordinator will be supervised by a sub-committee of PAVE Coalition staff that craft and keep accountability to a workplan. Day-to-day task supervision & support will be performed by staff at Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago.
- Facilitate the creation of PAVE field plan that includes PAVE partners’ communities and broader Asian American communities that are Hard To Count
- Facilitate biweekly PAVE Census meetings
- Represent the PAVE Coalition at relevant Complete Count Commissions or Committees, funder-related meetings, and other local, regional, and national efforts around the Census.
- Collect & disseminate relevant census research/materials, particularly culturally relevant materials in-language.
- Create and implement a PAVE Coalition communications strategy, including outreach to ethnic and traditional media outlets.
- Provide technical assistance to PAVE partners in their community-specific, and geographic-specific efforts.
- Organize PAVE Coalition-wide events.
- Collect and track metrics across PAVE Coalition.
- Advocate for increased resources for Asian American and Hard to Count communities when necessary.
- Educate community members across the Chicagoland area on census-related topics.
- Recruit and train volunteers for phonebanking and canvassing.
- Skilled project manager, who is highly organized and able to multi-task effectively.
- Effective communicator able to work with various stakeholders, including officials, PAVE staff, grassroots community members, and more.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a car
- Experience with communications strategy, including developing outreach materials, public service announcements, and working with traditional & ethnic media outlets.
- Experience working on electoral or issue-based campaigns.
- Experience working in coalitions.
- Knowledgeable about the Asian American community in IL, particularly in Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
- Skilled at graphic design.
- Fluency in an Asian language is a plus.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.
Pan-Asian Voter Empowerment Coalition member organizations: Alliance of Filipinos for Immigrant Rights & Empowerment (AFIRE), Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago, Cambodian Association of Illinois, Chinese American Service League (CASL), Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA), Coalition for a Better Chinese American Community (CBCAC), Hamdard Health Center, HANA Center, Indo-American Center (IAC), Japanese American Service Committee (JASC), Lao American Organization of Elgin (LAOE), Muslim Women Resource Center, Vietnamese Association of Illinois (VAI)